Normal Trail: Timpohom Trail > Summit > Timpohon Trail
|Day 01 TIMPOHON GATE (Meal: Packed Lunch, Dinner)
- Pick up from city hotel and overland drive to Kinabalu Park.
- Arrive Park then proceed to Park Headquarter for registration and meet up with your Mountain Guide at the reception.
- After briefing and preparation commence your journey to Timpohon Gate and then you will start your trek to Laban Rata approximately 4-5 hours depending on individual’s fitness level.
- Packed lunch around noon and then you will make the final trek to Laban Rata Rest house (3,353m)
- Check-in to your dormitory room at LEMAING HUT @ 3230m or similar and the rest of the afternoon at leisure to explore the surrounding or simply soak in the scenery spread beneath you
- Dinner will be served at Laban Rata Rest house
- Overnight at LEMAING HUT (dormitory type with bunk bed) – NON HEATED
|Day 02 SUMMIT > TIMPOHON GATE (Meal: Supper, Breakfast, Lunch)
- Wake up as early as 02:00hrs for another 3-hours track. There are ladders, hand railings and ropes to help you over the steeper parts.
- You reach the final destination at Low’s peak, the Summit of Borneo at 4,095.2m to catch the magnificent sunrise.
- Congratulations! Watching sunrise at the top has been described by travellers everywhere as a life-enriching experience.
- Then descending back to the rest house for a well deserve breakfast then onwards back to Timpohon Gate.
- Transfer to Park HQ and collect your certificate of achievement.
- After lunch we return to Kota Kinabalu.
- Drop off city area hotel or airport.
Note on Meals Arrangement:
1 Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 02 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and missed the lunch timing. Balsam Restaurant Lunch Time: 12:00 - 16:00hr
Things to bring - Make sure you have:
- Shoes with good grip (Tennis or gym shoes are fine)
- Warm Clothing (wind and water-proof clothes)
- Water bottle
- High-energy foods (like chocolate, nuts, raisins or glucose sweets)
- Good torchligh
- A complete set of dry clothes
- A second pair of shoes or a pair of sandals
- Headache tablets
- Paper tissues
- A couple of plastic bags
- Some plasters for cuts or blisters